Download PDF here
The qualification is designed to be taken over two years; the first year is the Foundation Diploma, which is equivalent to one and a half A Levels. In the second year the Extended Diploma programme is followed adding another one and a half A Levels. Over two years students will achieve three A level equivalent.
- You will complete a five week work placement at Mattioli Woods, Head Office Leicester working under the guidance of a mentor on their structured five week work placement programme.
Standard Entry Requirements
Assessment of the Foundation Diploma (Year 1)
Equivalent to one and a half A levels 6 units including:
• Unit 1 Exploring Business – internally assessed
• Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign – externally assessed
• Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance – exam based
• Unit 4 Managing an Event – internally assessed
• Unit 22 Market Research – internally assessed
• Unit 27 Work Experience – internally assessed
Assessment of Extended Diploma (Year 2)
Equivalent to one and a half A Levels (Three in total) 6 units including:
• Unit 5: International Business – internally assessed
• Unit 6: Principles of Management – externally assessed
• Unit 7: Business Decision Making – externally assessed
• Plus three other optional Units
The course is designed to provide a specialist work-related qualification in the financial services sector. It is assessed by completion of a portfolio of evidence achieved by researching, working in groups, preparing reports and presentations and evidence from your work placement. You will also be working within a diverse team at Mattioli Woods Plc where you will be offered their expertise, support and guidance to a great career in the financial services industry.
This course is intended to enable you to enter employment and it may form the basis of progression to Level 4/5 courses. Your career progression could be supported by Mattioli Woods Plc, in areas such as account management, consultancy and investments including property.
Mattioli Woods are one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist pension consultancy and wealth management, working with over 4,000 clients throughout the UK with offices in Leicester, London Glasgow, Newmarket and Aberdeen. Their on-going success has led to rapid growth giving rise to opportunities for those individuals with determination, drive and excellent communication and problem solving skills to join them in this new and expanding field.
If you are interested in working in the financial services industry, Mattioli Woods can offer you a great career choice within a structured training programme while achieving a level three qualification in Personal & Business Finance here at Gateway College.
Ian Mattioli is an ex-Gateway student who started work in the pensions industry at the age of 18. He founded Mattioli Woods with Bob Woods in 1991.
“The Financial Services Sector is growing and it is difficult to recruit to some vacancies as there is a lack of young people with the necessary skills. This joint venture will be beneficial both to students and the sector”